t: 015394 42636
To download our latest weekly offers just click on the link below.Weekly Offers
To download our latest monthly offers just click on the link below.Monthly Offers
To download a full list of our products and services please click on the link below.Price List
Founded in 1945 by Bill McClure, the company is now in the hands of the third generation of McClures. After more than 70 years we still have the same passion and drive to deliver good quality service to our customers.
Not only do we provide recognised national brands, but we strive to support a range of locally produced products, helping to promote regional sustainability.
1945 Bill started the business after being demobbed from the RAF, by hawking locally caught flukes, shrimps, cockles, mussels at the weekly Kendal market.
1953 First shop opened in Stramongate, Kendal.
1956 McClure & Parkin butchers opened Stramongate, Kendal.
1959 Nutwood shop & nurseries opened in Grange Over Sands.
1960 Warehouse & shop opened in Alexandra Road, Windermere.
1960 Retail shop opened, Bowness-on-Windermere.
1962 Retail shop opened, Main Street, Grange Over Sands.
1980 Warehouse/Cash & Carry opened, College Road, Windermere.
1984 Bought JT Parsons, College Road, Windermere.
1987 Joined Sterling Super Group.
1995 Bought JW Carlise, Kendal.
2010 McClures, College Road, Windermere redevelopment completed.